Thursday, May 21, 2015

Interview with Olivia Lane



Olivia Lane is one of the fastest growing female names in country music today. Since the last time I spoke to her in January, her music video for "Steal Me Away" debuted on CMT.com.  She was also selected for the Macy's iHeartRadio Rising Star national campaign, hosted a series called "Diva Jam", embarked on a national radio tour, and is set to release her new single "You Part 2" in early June. This summer she will be on the road opening up for acts such as Kip Moore and Easton Corbin, and even plans to release an acoustic mixed tape. 


1. I know your new single “You Part 2” is about to be released to country radio, what’s the story behind that song?

It’s actually based on a true story in my personal life. It’s about a guy I dated in college. The song is kind of like a sassy, up-tempo song about moving on after a break up and having a stronger sense of who you are. So, I’m also happy to be a strong female presence on the radio. It has sort of been the song that everyone’s jelling with, so it’s cool.

2. How was it being selected for the prestigious Macy's iHeartRadio Rising Star national campaign?

It was great! I was the highest ranked female country artist. It really gave me a lot of exposure and recognition as an artist and I’m so happy that they do that for new artists – it’s cool.

3. I also know you’re hosting a music series called “Diva Jam”, could you tell me a little bit about that?

It started last year and I really wanted to support females in country music. I really wanted to get the conversation going and how we should want females in country music. And what better way than to have a show that’s all female base? You know,  bro-country is happening so why can’t diva country happen? It's called Diva Jam and we’re doing it again at CMA Fest this year and I just can’t wait!

4. Are there any upcoming projects that you can talk about or let us know what’s coming next?


Yeah! I’m deciding to come out with an acoustic mixed tape of all of my songs. There will be 11 or 12 songs acoustically – they aren’t the full-blown songs. I’m thinking it will come out in late July.

5. What are your plans for the summer?

I’ll be on the road and promoting “You Part 2", and I’m also opening for some awesome people like Kip Moore and Easton Corbin, and so we have a lot of great stuff happening on the road.


Make sure to check out Olivia here:


4 comments:

  1. She's doing some really amazing things! I love songs based on LIFE experiences. One always sings them with much more feeling, because they've experienced it.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree - thanks for your sweet comment!

      Delete
  2. That is so cool that you got to interview her, I love her music and just country music in general!!
    xo
    Syd
    http://www.sincerelysyd9.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete