Monday, May 18, 2015

What I Eat and Do For Exercise

It's that time of year again! The time when the weather gets warmer and people head to the beach. However, this also means that it's swimsuit season. Before I get any further into this post, I think the best thing you can wear on the beach is confidence. I don't think anyone should have to get a "beach body" for summer - as long as you're comfortable and confident, that's all that matters. Personally, I feel most confident when I'm eating healthy and exercising, so today I'm sharing some of my favorite foods and exercise tips!

What I Eat

I am super big on fruits and vegetables being the foundation for my meals. Not only do they provide the nutrients that your body needs to function properly, but I just feel better after eating them.  

For breakfast, I like to have greek yogurt and a banana, wheat toast with peanut butter, oatmeal, or eggs with avocado. All of these keep me full for a few hours and have nutritional benefits.


For lunch, I normally have a salad or sandwich. For my salads, I get spinach and add carrots, broccoli, tomatoes, hard boiled eggs, quinoa, feta, chickpeas, kidney beans, avocado, croutons, raisins, and asian dressing on top. It sounds like a weird mixture, but I promise it's delicious! 
If I get a sandwich, I'll have wheat bread with mustard, turkey, spinach, tomato, and avocado.


For dinner, I like to switch it up. Sometimes I'll get brown rice with chicken, a salad with salmon, soup and toast, or just whatever I feel in the mood for. Dinner is also the meal that I like to eat out for as well, so it's never really the same.

As far as snacks go, fruit is a favorite of mine. I have really been liking apples with almond butter as well as Quest bars (the oreo one is my favorite). I find that these fill me up and hold me over until my next meal!

For Exercise

I have never been super into the gym. Some people can go to the gym and get a great workout with weights and cardio, but I just can't seem to bring myself to do that. Instead, I love running. I ran track in high school, and even though I'm no where near as fast as I was, running is still something that I enjoy doing. 

One of my sorority sisters recently introduced me to an app that I have been obsessed with! It's called Runkeeper and it's free in the App Store. It keeps track of distance, time, and calories burned, plus it's super easy to use! I have an example of the summary it gives after a workout below. I like to run 3 to 4 times a week, depending on how much time I have.



I have also been going to an hour long yoga class once a week and I love it. I am so relaxed after and I can definitely tell that my arms and upper body are getting more toned. If you haven't tried yoga, I 100% recommend it!

2 comments:

  1. You have an excellent regimen! I love FAGE greek yogurt! It's so good. That salad looks delicious.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! And yes, FAGE is my favorite brand - the other flavor I like besides honey is the blueberry!

      Delete