In the summertime, I like to wear as little makeup as possible. Why spend time in front of a mirror when you could be spending it on the beach? That being said, I do like to wear a little bit depending on what I'm doing that day. These are my top 6 must have summer drugstore products that I've already been using and will continue to use throughout the next few months. Plus, these products are mostly waterproof so you can wear this look on the beach or at the pool as well! Be sure to leave a comment letting me know your favorite makeup products for the summertime!
1. Maybelline Dream Pure BB Cream: BB Cream is perfect for the summer because it's so light - unlike foundation, it won't feel heavy on your face when you're sweating. I especially like this one because it has 2% salicylic acid, which means not only will it not break you out, but it will also prevent future breakouts.
2. NYX Cream Blush: I prefer cream blush to powder blush any day because I think it looks so much more natural. It will also stay on better in the summer heat as well.
3. Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies Big Eyes Mascara Waterproof: I have used this mascara for years and is hands down my all time favorite. It doesn't make my lashes clumpy and it actually makes my natural lashes look false. For summertime, the waterproof one is amazing and this new version has a bigger end for top lashes and a smaller end for bottom lashes - genius!
4. Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel Pencil: This gel eyeliner has a very easy application and lasts a very long time. It's also waterproof so you can wear it at the beach or pool!
5. Sonia Kashuk Moisture Luxe Tinted Lip Balm: This lip balm is very moisturizing and long lasting. Plus the colors that it comes in are all perfect summer shades!
6. NYX Butter Gloss: I couldn't not include my favorite lip gloss in this post! The butter glosses are my favorite lip glosses all year around - they are long lasting and are not sticky.