- 1 box Betty Crocker white angel food cake mix
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- mint leaves and powdered sugar for decoration
1. Preheat oven to 375 F and place paper baking cups in a muffin tin.
2. In a large bowl, beat cake mix and water with a mixer on low speed for 30 seconds; then on medium speed for 1 minute. Pour batter into muffin cups, filling each 3/4 full.
3. Bake 12-20 minutes (mine took 12). You will know they are done when the tops are a dark golden brown color and have cracks that feel dry. Then move the cupcakes to a cooling rack.
4. In a medium bowl, beat whipping cream with a mixer on medium-high speed until slightly thickened. Reduce speed; add sugar and vanilla paste. Increase speed and mix until stiff peaks form. Put whipped cream into a decorating bag, or just spoon some onto the tops of each cupcake.
5. Add fresh berries and some mint to the tops of the cupcakes and then dust with a little powdered sugar.